CHRIST ABOVE ALL
FREEDOM CONFERENCE AND RALLIES
Preparation- How to Make Ready
What a joy it is to anticipate all that our Lord will do when we join Him in the upcoming Christ Above All Freedom Rally. Never has there been a time in our lives like this one. Our young people as well as many of our families are in bondage and great sorrow. All of us know in our heart of hearts that Christ has something better for us as His victorious church. And yet most of our churches are “shut down” and spiritually sick and unfruitful. There are spiritual roots as to why we have rotten fruit in our lives. The Apostle Paul said through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
Christ's enemy is our enemy. Since Satan has spent thousands of years concealing his wicked strategies against God's people, he becomes furious when His evil schemes are exposed by the truth of God's Word. Because of the nature of the subject matter that will be presented during the time together, it is necessary that careful attention be given to the spiritual preparation for the Christ Above All Freedom Rally.
GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW
FOR THE CHRIST ABOVE ALL FREEDOM RALLIES:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR INTERCESSORS:
CHRIST ABOVE ALL FREEDOM RALLY PRAYER AGENDA:
It is advisable to PRAY OUT LOUD as you pray.
“Lord Jesus, in the power of Your name I come into Your presence. Thank You that You not only hear my prayer, but You answer my prayer according to Your will. If there is any pride or rebellion in my heart, any unfaithfulness or disobedience to You and Your Word please show it to me so I can confess it now.
It is You who have come to bring deliverance to the captives . It is You who has come to set the captives free . It is You who has disarmed the rulers and authorities . You have said in Your Word, ‘Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be delivered.' Therefore, we are simply asking You to come and do what You have promised to do. Please show us not only what to pray but who we need to pray for as we work together with You in prayer.”
Be SPECIFIC as you pray.
“We give You, Lord the authority in our lives and in the life of our church to do what You want to do during this time in our lives. We ask You, Lord Jesus to open up the treasure vaults of Heaven and provide for Your people all that is needed in these days. May all that is done before, during and after the Christ Above All Freedom Rallies exalt the name of our Lord Jesus in and through our lives. We ask You, Lord Jesus, to do the greatest work among us for Your greatest glory!”
PRAY OUT LOUD- PSALM 91
Apply each verse to the Rally as the Holy Spirit leads your prayer meeting!
TAKING A LOVE OFFERING FOR THE EVANGELIST
DURING THE CHRIST ABOVE ALL
THE A-B-Cs OF GIVING
A- A LL HAVE A PART .
Give everyone a chance to seek the Lord's will each service what God would have them give in the love offering. The pastor must lead his people to ask the Lord what He wants them to do as they give to the work of Christ. Lead the people to the Lord in prayer.
B- B E LIBERAL IN YOUR GIVING.
Your people will follow the pastor's spirit in giving. Remember people give according to their spirit not according to their means.
C- COMMIT YOUR GIVING TO CHRIST . Heb. 11:6
Remember whatever is not of faith is not of God. Never is this more true than in the giving of a love offering for your evangelist.
1) Lead your people in each service of the meeting to go to the Lord asking Him the amount He wants them to invest in the work of evangelism. Make the appeal an important part of the worship service, for giving is a significant part of worship. (Always remember, you should never be ashamed, bashful or apologetic in leading God's people to support God's work through the evangelist.)
2) Remind your people that they are not giving to a family or a man. The evangelist's needs are too complex for your people to be able to understand in a short presentation. Lead your people to be able to understand they are giving unto the Lord. The Lord must lead them to give if it is to be a legitimate faith offering. All you do is lead them to the Lord. The Lord will lead them how to give. After all, God is the one who will meet the evangelist's needs through their obedience to His leading them what to give.
THE EVANGELIST MUST LIVE BY FAITH!
Never be ashamed to lead and encourage God's people to support God's ministry of evangelism He has given you through His evangelist. Try to understand how you would want a love offering to be taken for your ministry if you lived on the basis of love offerings. The offering is not only a blessing for the evangelist but also for you and your people. The evangelist is the one servant of God who must live by faith. That is, whatever comes in the love offering, he had chosen to discipline his life to live on it. Do all you can to make the offering appeal worthy of our Lord and His call upon the evangelist.
LOVE OFFERING ENVELOPES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOUR CHURCH FOR THE WORK OF THE EVANGELIST AT NO EXTRA COST.
The Prayer God Answers
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
In the midst of the smell of sawdust, sinners fill the altar with tears of repentance as revival fires fill the old gospel tent. Behind the platform the old banner reads, “PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!” But what about today, do we believe prayer changes things? Most of us pray, don't we? Most of us go to prayer meetings, especially when one of our loved ones in is need of prayer. When we pray, what should we pray? How do we pray? To whom do we pray? How can we be sure that when we pray, God will not only hear our prayer but He will answer our prayer? What is the prayer that God answers? What kind of prayer changes things?
1. GOD ANSWERS THE PRAYER THAT IS UNDER THE SACRIFICE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Since the attack on America on September 11, our nation has been in a state of shock and sorrow like we have not known in our lifetime. In an effort to heal our nations sorrow, a prayer meeting was scheduled in Yankee Stadium. Expectantly I watched with millions of others as the prayer meeting was broadcast on national television. Maybe you were as shocked and hurt as I was as the name of Jesus was only mentioned once in the two hours of this so called “prayer meeting”. What a waste. Prayers can only reach the Throne Room of Heaven through the sacrifice of Christ. “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me .” John 14:6 “And whatever you ask in my name that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” John 14:13 Truly, truly, I say to you, if you shall ask the Father for anything, He will give it to you in my Name .” John 15:16, 16:23 It is only through our union with Christ made possible through His sacrifice on Calvary for our sins that we are able to approach the Holy of Holies with our petitions. “…and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, ...” Eph. 2:6 This passage is a direct reference to verse 20 of Chapter one that tells us that only through our union with Christ made available through His blood sacrifice for our sins are we able to come and be received before a Holy God.
2. GOD ANSWERS THE PRAYER THAT IS SPECIFIC. “You have not because you ask not.” James 4:2 “…but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Phil. 4:6 Why are we to be specific when we pray? Isn't God omniscient? Doesn't He already know what is going on? Prayer is not getting God's attention. We have His undivided attention through our union with Christ. Prayer is a time of getting our hearts in tune with the heart of God. Prayer is not some self-centered exercise of manipulating God to do what we want. Prayer is not some “name it and claim it, blab it and grab it” means by which we seek to fill our own selfish desires as some would teach. No, no! Prayer is exercising our union with Christ to join our hearts with the will and heart of our Heavenly Father. “If you ask Me anything in my Name, I will do it.” John 14:14 Prayer is working together with God to see His will accomplished on earth as it is in Heaven. “Truly I say to you, whatever you shall bind on earth will be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on the earth shall be loosed in Heaven.” Matt. 16:19
3. GOD ANSWERS THE PRAYER THAT IS PRAYED IN THE SPIRIT. “And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weaknesses; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings to deep for words.” Romans 8:26 Once again it is through our union with the Lord Jesus that our prayers become effective prayer. The Spirit of God who dwells within each believer is the one who teaches us how to pray and what to pray. It is through this holy relationship with God that effective prayer resides. There are times in all of our lives when our hurts are so deep, our sorrows so overwhelming that we don't know if we can pray much less what to pray. These are the times when our prayer time becomes a time of healing and sweet communion with the Lord. It is the Holy Spirit that will take over the prayer “closet”. There is no night so dark that our Lord is not present. There is no tear stained pillow that our Lord does not share our grief. Isaiah 53:4-5 It is through the precious ministry of the Paraclete, The One Who Stands Along our side, the one who never leaves us or forsakes us, the Holy Spirit, that enables us to be in communion with God in prayer. Even in the passage concerning our Armor of God within the Spiritual Battle we find ourselves, we find this admonition, “With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit ,...” Eph. 6:18
4. GOD ANSWERS THE PRAYER THAT IS OFFERED IN SUBMISSION TO HIS WILL. “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6 Herein lies the key to effective prayer. “You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.” James 4:3 If we ever expect God to hear and answer our petitions they must be presented to Him in complete humility and submission to His will. Fasting comes into focus at this point. Fasting is not an attempt to become super spiritual. Fasting is not some kind of “work” to get into God's presence. Fasting is simply putting aside our flesh so it cannot influence our communion with the Lord. God answers the prayer that is presented in total submission to His will. “And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” I John 5:14
Charles H. Spurgeon wrote these timeless words on prayer:
“Again, how much is earnest prayer still needed. Your prayer meetings are not what they should be,
and private prayer is too much neglected. Hundreds of our churches are as sound asleep as the grave yards which surround their meeting houses, and some of them are nearly as rotten as the corpses in the tombs.
Routine Ministers, Domineering Deacons, Hypocritical Professors, Crab-tree Critics,
and Covetous Members are not all dead yet.
May divine mercy soon grant us grace to see the last of them.”
May I add, there are too many of our children who are still lost without Christ. There are too many teen-agers who need to be set free from the clutches of Satan. There are too many churches drowning in self-centered, self-serving agendas. Oh, how the church needs revival! The great needs of this critical hour demand we take the time not only to pray, but to spiritually prepare our hearts before we bring our petitions before God's Throne. “Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.” Eph. 3:20
PRAYER DOES CHANGE THINGS!
here to download this preparation document...
Return to Events Page...